After Fawad Khan, Mahira Khan breaks silence on India-Pakistan tensions India and Pakistan are currently in a state of political unrest, after the Uri attacks. Pakistani artistes working in India were given a 48 hour ultimatum to leave India by a few political parties. Release of films like Raees and Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, which star Mahira Khan and Fawad Khan respectively, were also threatened. Fawad and Mahira had maintained a silence on the matter, up until now. But desperate times, required them to speak up on the tensions that the two countries are facing. Fawad Khan, just a day ago, took to Facebook and talked about his stance on the matter. He also cleared the air around the fake quotes that were attributed to him by media. Following this, today, Mahira has also come out to strongly condemn the terror attacks that took place. She also took to her Facebook page and posted a message calling for peace.

Mahira wrote in her Facebook post -In the 5 years that I have been working as an actor I believe that I have tried my best to keep my country’s respect intact – by being a professional and by representing Pakistan here and elsewhere to the best of my abilities.