John Abraham’s take on Pierce Brosnan’s pan masala ad is just bang on
Pierce Brosnan’s-The James Bond doing Pan masala ad has left everyone talking. The Hollywood star was mercilessly trolled on social media for endorsing it. However the latest twist is that Bond himself didn’t know that he is endorsing tobacco and claimed that he was informed it was a tooth whitener brand and so he did it. However actor John Abraham has an interesting take on actors endorsing brand.
At the launch of Rang laal from Force 2, John said, “I think you get more eyeballs when you sign on a cricketer or an actor but i also think it’s an actor’s responsibility to sign on a brand he believes in and the message he passes out. I think it is very important. For an example I believe in bikes and fitness so I will sign brands that reflect my personality. An actor can endorse for two reasons, you want to build your equity or you want to make money, the choice is yours. For me money is not important. I am saying this on record MONEY IS NOT IMPORTANT, choosing the right brand is important”.

The official statement of Brosnan had said, “As a man who has spent decades championing women’s healthcare and environmental protection, I was distressed to learn of Pan Bahar’s unauthorized and deceptive use of my image to endorse their range of pan masala products.” It further read, “I would never have entered into an agreement to promote a product in India that is dangerous to one’s health.” The Bond actor is “deeply shocked and saddened” by the following events since the ad went viral. “Having endured, in my own personal life, the loss of my first wife and daughter as well as numerous friends to cancer, I am fully committed to supporting women’s healthcare and research programs that improve human health and alleviate suffering”.

The statement also added that Pan Bahar “grossly manipulated” media to falsely present him as the brand ambassador of the pan masala product. This, he believes is in violation of his contract. “I shall endeavor to rectify this matter,” the statement concluded. “In the meantime, please accept my sincerest and heartfelt apologies to all whom I have offended.”
How much do you agree with John? Post in your comments in the box below..