John Abraham speaks up about the ban on Pakistani artistes: My country comes first
John Abraham’s next release is Force 2. He returns to his action avatar of ACP Yashvardhan in the sequel of the hit 2011 film. He is joined by Sonakshi Sinha in this installment, and from the trailer that released a few weeks ago, the movie looks packed with action sequences. The first song from the film Rang Laal was launched today and the event was quite a mix of many emotions. John not only talked about fitness and that women should be doing more action roles in films but also commented on the biggest controversy that Bollywood is embroiled in – ban on Pakistani artistes.
Rang Laal, the song from Force 2, talks about the sacrifices our soldiers make for the country and is a tribute to all the brave men fighting to keep us and our nation safe and secure. During the launch of the same, when asked to comment on the ongoing unrest in Bollywood, that whether ban on Pakistani artistes from working here is just or not, John said “I think enough is spoken about it, you just expect us to join in and give you one more comment, I think the song [Laal Rang] says it all. We are very clear in this song and that’s why we are sitting in front of you. This reflects the way we feel, I always say this – my country comes first. That’s all I can say, my country is most important to me, like they say you are not a Hindu, you are not a Muslim, you are not a Christian, you’re an Indian. So my country comes first.” Now that is some deep thought.