Pages

Saturday 31 December 2016

5 SURPRISING revelations made by Shah Rukh Khan about his bucket list, social media and more

5 SURPRISING revelations made by Shah Rukh Khan about his bucket list, social media and more

Shah Rukh Khan makes some startling revelations in an interview with GQ magazine. Check them out here.

5 SURPRISING revelations made by Shah Rukh Khan about his bucket list, social media and more

Shah Rukh Khan’s words work wonders on his fans and definitely make people his fans. His vision towards life, his struggles inspire people to follow him. The actor made for a striking cover boy as he graced the cover of GQ magazine. The actor featured on the mag’s January issue looking dapper and making us go weak in the knees. And as he spoke to the interviewer, without a doubt he left the person bowing down to him. Because after reading the interview, we sure bowed our heads down in respect. He spoke about a lot of things such as what it was like to be a 25 year one with neither parents, what his bucket list consists of (oh that one will surprise you) and his resolution for 2017.
On losing his parents
“I’m 51. I lost my dad when I was 14 or 15, and my mother when I was 25. That void never gets filled. If you lose your parents too early, you have to grow up too fast. You can’t play with toys, you have to start playing in the real world. I play with my children’s toys now. People find it odd, and think perhaps I’m just a good father, but that’s not true. I’m just a father who didn’t have toys.”
On his attitude towards money
“Don’t philosophize until you’re rich first. I used to be poor, and I can tell you there’s nothing romantic about it. When young people, friends, say they want to be great creative novelists, I advise them to be a copywriter first, make a little money. Don’t be a struggling artist; be a happy one.”
On his bucket list
“My family used to own restaurants, so there’s a part of me that’s quite servile. I’m learning how to cook Italian food – I can make pasta, risotto and tiramisu right now – but what I really enjoy is serving people, and making sure they’re well fed. I’m building a new kitchen so I can cook more. I also want to learn to play the guitar well. A few years ago in Spain, I bought two really expensive guitars – one for me and one for my son Aryan – and told him that we should learn to play together. The good thing is he has, and he’s pretty good. AbRam, my three-and-a-half-year-old, is musically inclined too. If I ever do learn the guitar, we could have our own boy band.”

On social media
“We live in an age where we are over-informed. There’s a lot of noise – the TV guys think I’m five hours late, the newspaper guys feel they’re a day late – the emphasis is on putting news out there. Doesn’t matter if it’s true or not because it’s no skin off their back. But the truth is, it does matter, and there are real implications. On social media, people say and do things that are barely legal because nothing is really regulated online. It’s like that inappropriate family member you’re always shushing because they’re being plain offensive. The digital world is full of these rude family members – sometimes it’s like they’re the only ones left.”
On getting healthier in 2017
“I will be from January 5th. I’d say earlier, but on New Year’s I think I should be drinking.”
We’ll see him start the year with a bang in Rahul Dholakia’s Raees. Stay tuned to this space for hot scoop and latest updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment