Salman Khan, Fawad Khan, Karan Johar – meet the top 5 newsmakers of the week This week was quite controversial for Bollywood. After the Uri attacks, MNS demanded for Pakistani artistes frontlined by Fawad Khan to be banned in India. Then there was Karan Johar who opened up about his depression and the ban on Pak artistes. Later there were reports of Virat-Anushka alleged break up. The week also saw the release of much hyped and talked about biopic on MS Dhoni titled MS Dhoni: The Untold Story and finally it was Salman Khan who ended the week with his unabashed comments and subsequent support to Pakistani artistes which had him face the ire of social media trolls.

Here are the five newsmakers of the week:
Fawad Khan-MNS threat
After the Uri attacks, MNS gave a directive to ban Pakistani artistes from working in India. They gave a 48 hours of ultimatum to them. And, also asked for a ban and boycott of Karan Johar’s Ae Dil Hai Mushkil as it stars Fawad Khan in a supporting role and Shah Rukh Khan’s Raees as it stars Mahira Khan. Karan Johar whose film is up for release on October 28 started feeling the heat and said, “I feel vulnerable and scared while even saying this. I completely feel the pain and anger. If my film is targeted because of this, it will make me exceptionally sad because my intent was always to put out a creative product out of love and nothing else,”. MNS then protested outside Karan Johar’s office and even slammed Varun Dhawan and Sushant Singh Rajput for taking sides with Karan Johar.
Karan Johar-Depression
Apart from battling MNS for the release of his film Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, Karan Johar also opened about depression in an interview to NDTV. He told, “It was dark, deep and helpless time. There was nothing I could do about it. I stopped feeling excitement and happiness. There was lack of sleep and I was always on the edge.” The filmmaker further revealed, “I think I hadn’t dealt entirely with the loss of my father. There was also the fear that I was not able to find my life partner. There is so much love I get from my friends but where do I take it all? I used to feel very lonely.” He added, “I think the industry per se should not be generalised for the reason of your loneliness but you really wonder how many of your relationships matter. We live in this bubble all the time. We don’t know if the emotions we have are just for the film or do I take it further. And at 44, when you don’t have a life partner or kids, it is difficult to deal with.” Karan Johar even mentioned how he struggled and at one point he even felt that he was having a cardiac arrest. As he told to Barkha Dutt, “It is a recent kind of anxiety I have discovered about myself. At one point I thought I was having a cardiac arrest but my doctor said it was an anxiety attack. I then met a psychiatric and took medication. And this was just two years ago. I stopped my medication just three months back.”
Virat-Anushka breakup?
The couple never accepted that they are back together after they broke up for the first time but it was quite evident that all is well in this lover’s paradise. Virat and Anushka were even spotted having a gala time in Prague where the actress was shooting for Imtiaz Ali’s next movie with Shah Rukh Khan. But it seems the patch up was short lived. If sources are to believed, they are once again heading for a split and this time the reason is not Anushka alone. According to reports, the two often fight and given their crazy schedules, haven’t been able to keep up with each other. It was also revealed that the reason for their alleged split is Virat’s possessiveness , a source close to India’s star cricketer said, “Virat is very possessive boyfriend. In fact every time Anushka is on an outdoor he constantly calls to check on her. He also is a little uncomfortable with Anushka’s work schedule. Virat was vary that Anushka will be traveling outdoor with Ranbir Kapoor and Fawad Khan for promotion of Ae Dil Hai Mushkil.” The source further continued, “Anushka clearly is not very comfortable with this insecure behaviour of Virat. And that is causing tension between them right now.”
MS Dhoni biopic release
The much hyped and much talked about biopic on Indian cricket legend MS Dhoni released on September 30. The film got all round rave reviews and BollywoodLife’s in-house critic Sreeju Sudhakaran said in his review, “The film ends with 2011 World Cup final match, where Dhoni hits that brilliant six to seal the deal. If you loved that moment and the man who made that moment real, then MS Dhoni: The Untold Story should be your weekend watch. Also the fact that it is Sushant Singh Rajput‘s best film to date.” 
Salman Khan statement on banning Pakistani artists
After Uri attacks, India responded to Pakistan with surgical attacks. Salman Khan who was present said, “They were artists, not terrorists, these are two different subjects. What you think? That artists are terrorists? They come with valid visa, who provides them with visa? our Government, our govt provides them work permit.” When asked about Uri attacks and India’s surgical attacks, he said, “Ideal situation should’ve been of peace but if this thing happened(Uri attacks) there has to be a reaction to that action but in this day and age I think if we live with love and peace it’ll be better for everyone, especially common man”. When asked about if he thinks it was a proper action(India’s surgical attacks) after what Pakistan did, Salman Khan said, “That’s what I am saying, they were terrorists, they were terrorists right? So it was a proper action.” No points for guessing he was attacked, mocked and trolled on Twitter for his comments.