Nana Patekar HITS BACK at Salman Khan, Karan Johar for supporting Pakistani actors, calls them FAKE! India’s ban on Pakistani artists has got Bollywood divided. While there are a few who are backing this stand taken by MNS including Anupam Kher, Vivek Agnihotri, Madhur Bhandarkar and Ashoke Pandit. However, industry biggies like Salman Khan, Karan Johar, Mahesh Bhatt are hell bent on raging against this ban where Salman even argued saying, “Don’t mix two things. They are artists, NOT terrorists.” Add to that,  KJo too whose upcoming film Ae Dil Hai Mushkil is being questioned for starring Pakistani actor Fawad Khan said, “I understand the anger and the anguish that surround us and I empathise, my heart bleeds for the lost lives. There is nothing that can justify this terrible feeling of terror. Then you are faced in a situation such as this (asking for ban on Pak artistes). If this was truly a solution, one would take it. But this is not a solution. I don’t believe it is. The larger forces have to come together and sort the situation and this cannot be banning talent or art.”
However, Nana Patekar cannot buy this on the name of ‘art’! Although he stated he doesn’t care a damn about who says what, he took a royal dig at Salman, Karan saying, “I don’t care what Bollywood has to say. I was in Army and I have spent two and half years there. So I know who our biggest heroes are. No one can be a bigger hero than our Army men. Our original heroes are our jawans. We are just small, fake people. So whatever we say, please don’t play attention to it. Are you understanding who am I referring to? Yes! It’s about them only! Hum jo ‘patar-patar’ karte hai unn par dhyaan matt do. Itni ahmat matt do kisiko. Unki itni aukaat nahi hai itni ahmat ki.
Backing his opinion, Nana Patekar concluded by saying, “Pakistani actors and others come later, first comes my country. I don’t know anyone other than my country and would never like to know. Actors are like bed bugs in front of the country, we don’t have any worth. No hero can be better than the soldiers. We actors are just common people, the real heroes are our soldiers. Don’t pay attention to what we say, don’t give this much importance to anyone. And those who keep on speaking, they don’t deserve that much importance.
Not to forget, Raj Thackrey too had lashed out at Salman the other day stating, “Ye bewakoof hai, inko sirf dhanda dikhta hai. Maine suna Dhoni ban hui hai. Ye chalta hain. Mujhe lagta hai inki taraf zyada dhyan dene ki avyashakta nhi. Mujhe malum nahi Salman Khan ye kab bola hai. Raat ko bola nhi hoga last time ki tarah.“ (They only think about business. I have heard MS Dhoni-The Untold Story has been banned there. That’s fine with them. I think they shouldn’t be paid too much attention. I don’t know when he said that. I hope not at night like last time.)”
Whose side are you on? Do you support Thackrey and Nana? Tell us in the comments below and stay tuned for more updates.