Aditi Rao Hydari thanks Jaya Bachchan for Padmavati – read deets!

Talented and pretty, Aditi Rao Hydari had caught the eye of film buffs right after Delhi 6. However, big projects did not come to her easily. The tide has changed in recent times and Aditi has films with makers like Mani Ratnam, Sanjay Leela Bhansali and Omung Kumar. She is playing the main female lead in Ratnam’s Kaatru Veliyidai and Bhoomi. Aditi is very happy with the space she is in right now. The petite lady is thankful for everyone who believed in her and that includes the Bachchan family. We know that Aditi is a regular at the parties thrown by the Bachchans.
In a statement to The Asian Age, Aditi was all praises for the Bachchan family and thanked them for the support. She said, “Amitabh Bachchan has always spoken well of me, even though he doesn’t really have to, and so has Jayaji. Abhishek has also been sweet to me. I remember feeling lost at the premiere of Delhi 6 when Abhishek reached out and made me feel comfortable. Amitabhji also whispered to me ‘really great things are going to happen to you.’ I was thrilled and baffled when he said that because I had such a small part in the film! He and Jayaji have continued to support me since.”

The lady will be seen in Sanjay Leela Bhansali Padmavati. She will play the role of Kamla Devi, the favourite begum of Alauddin Khilji. It seems the actress was chosen over many other actresses. It seems Jaya Bachchan recommended Aditi’s name to Bhansali. The actress says, “I am aware of that. Such gestures are not easy to forget. And one shouldn’t forget them.”

Aditi also said that all her energies are focused on her work now. The actress was linked up to Farhan Akhtar a few months ago. But she says her affair is only with her films now. “Work is my only passion. I have no personal life. It’s just the studios and my home, and no digressions. I want to do films that are timeless, like Kagaz Ke Phool.” Stay tuned to Bollywood Life for more scoop and updates…