Pages

Wednesday 7 December 2016

Did you know that Jayalaithaa REJECTED a Rajinikanth movie in her film career?

Did you know that Jayalaithaa REJECTED a Rajinikanth movie in her film career?

Jayalalithaa was so sure about not making comeback in films that she REJECTED a Rajinikanth movie.

Did you know that Jayalaithaa REJECTED a Rajinikanth movie in her film career?

The TN CM – Jayalalithaa passed away on 5th december at 11:30pm as she succumed to a prolonged lung infection. She had been treated for this ailment for the last 75 days. Followers, celebs, minister paid homage to the Iron lady. She was bid a respectful goodbye with full military honours. She has left behind a huge void in Indian politics that will be difficult to come to terms with. She excelled in every field she ventured into. Before politics, she was a famous actress, in fact the highest paid of her times. She has 119 hits to her credit. She has acted in 140 films across Tamil, Telugu and Kannada. Her career was only going uphill but soon after she quit. There were rumours that Jayalalithaa had given up films because of lack of offers. An article was written addressing these rumours Jayalalithaa did not let it go. She wrote back to the author to clarify all these reports that it was NOT in fact the lack of offers that made her give up. For those who didn’t know she was the first choice for Rajinikanth‘s Billa! Yes, that’s right. She REJECTED a movie that starred the Tamil superstar.Now who would do that especially if you are staging comeback?
Last night, her old interview with Simi Garewal was aired. That’s when she talked about a few things that had changed about her  in due course of time- she had learnt to give it back unlike her younger self who didn’t know how to retort. She had learnt to stand up for herself and not take nonsense. Well, she did just that.
Here is the letter she wrote to author Piousiji, dated 10th june 1980:
Dear Piousji,
With reference to a news team in Khaas Baat in “SUNDAY” dated 25th May 1980, while thanking you for the many compliments you have paid me, I feel constrained to point out that I’m not, I repeat, not ‘struggling to stage a come-back. I am at a loss to understand how you gained this erroneous impression.
In fact, I have been turning down some excellent offers. Perhaps you don’t know that the heroine’s role in Balaji’s ‘Billa’, opposite Rajinikanth, was first offered to me. It was only after I refused to do the film, that Balaji signed Sripriya for the role. Everybody knows that Balaji is one of the foremost film producers in India today, and Rajinikanth is Tamil screen’s superstar. If I am capable of turning down such a dazzling offer, does that not prove conclusively that I am not in the least struggling to stage a come-back?
In truth, there is no necessity for me to do so. I am really no longer interested in a film career. By God’s grace, I am extremely well off financially, and I can continue to live like a queen for the rest.
This is only to tell you that my interests now lie in a different direction altogether, and, if I am not acting in films at present, it is certainly not due to lack of good offers.
Wishing you all the best.
Yours sincerely

 Download My Official App For Bollywood News For Latest Update
Inderjeet Singh Bollywood App

No comments:

Post a Comment