Varun Dhawan royally ignores a question on Govinda’s controversial statements, says “Mujhe Kuch Sunai Nahi De Raha!” – watch video

Recently Govinda was at his explosive best when he bashed Karan Johar and David Dhawan in one of his most candid interviews. He even went on to talk about how Varun Dhawan can’t be new age Govinda, according to Govinda the comparison is a ‘fake one’. So during the launch of Varun Dhawan’s new song Tamma Tamma Again, a journalist asked him about Govinda’s recent statements. As soon as the journalist said the name Govinda, sensing what’s gonna come next, Varun immediately cut the question short and said, he isn’t aware of anything and wouldn’t wanna comment. To this journalist replied that she’ll tell him what happened but Varun Dhawan took it on a humorous route and said, “Mujhe Kuch Sunai Nahi De Raha!” Well that’s a great way to avoid a controversy.
It all started when, Govinda was asked about the comparisons between him and Varun Dhawan, he had said, “Ranveer Singh and Varun Dhawan both have a body like Salman Khan. But they can’t say it. If they call themselves as Salman Khan, then they won’t get films. They can’t afford to be against Khan. This is how the filmy world works.” He furhter added, “How can he (Varun) be like me? To become Govinda, he needs to be innocent, uneducated and a poor village boy. Varun is already a son of a director. In the last six years, he hasn’t done more than two films with his father, whereas I did 17 films with his father (David Dhawan).”

Check out the video at 5:16 below:
Talking about his fall out with David Dhawan, he had stated, “When I asked David to make the 18th film with me, he took my subject and titled it ‘Chashme Baddoor’ and cast Rishi Kapoor in it. Then I asked him to put me as a guest appearance. He didn’t do that too. After that, I didn’t meet him for some years. I kept requesting him to take at least one shot with me so that it could be my 18th film with him. But I don’t know what he had in his mind.”