Pages

Thursday 15 September 2016

Surveen Chawla was also a victim of CASTING COUCH! Read deets!

Surveen Chawla was also a victim of CASTING COUCH! Read deets!

Parched actress Surveen Chawla claims that she too has had her share of casting couch. Find out what happened to her.


Surveen Chawla was also a victim of CASTING COUCH! Read deets! 
 
 Casting couch has been one such activity in the industry that not many admit on having faced or even approached for. It takes real guts to admit that one has been approached to trade body in return to bag a good role or even make it big in the industry. In the recent past, a lot of actors such as Ranveer Singh and Tisca Chopra opened up on their experience on being asked to “compromise” in order to take home a big role or make a grand entry in the industry. Recently, even Parched actress Surveen Chawla has opened up on her casting couch experience. It is quite startling and saddening to hear the kind of favours celebs are asked to do in return of good roles. The bargain is just too gross.
In an interview, Surveen revealed how she was proposed a nasty offer in return for a big role. She said, “I was propositioned, though luckily I had the strength to turn down the offer to be ‘nice’ to the director even if it meant losing a plum role.” The biggest twist in her experience is that nobody from Bollywood but from down South, offered to make her a big star in return of, well, you know. Not from Bollywood but from the South industry! “I guess I’ve been lucky to meet the right kind of people in Bollywood. I’ve never faced such sleazy offers in the Hindi film industry. Maybe I’ve been smart in my dealings, making sure no one gets the wrong signal. This happened in Tamil cinema where I had already auditioned and bagged an important role. This was a very big film and a very important director, who couldn’t speak Hindi. So can you believe the man’s audacity! The director had his friend call and make the offer for me to sleep with the director. The friend told me it would only be until the film was made. I said, thanks but no thanks,” added the actress.

A lot of times, experiences like such make you question your own choices in life because there must be something you’ve done to have invited such nasty offers, right? No! Not right. But Surveen feels, “I don’t know if my screen image makes me look like an easy target. But I have to say, I was offered a whole lot of supposedly bold and sexy roles after I did Hate Story 2. This industry slots and tags you. I guess it was the reputation of the franchise. I did nothing hot or sleazy in the film. There was a lot of sex in the first and the third part. But mine was a revenge story. And yet, after Hate Story I was flooded with cheesy, salacious roles. I was labelled bold. I could have given in to the temptation of doing these roles. It was money that I urgently needed to live in Mumbai.”

People have got to realise one thing that what an actor plays in the film is not how the actor should be perceived as. It’s just a job and nothing else. It is sad to learn the kind of nasty offers celebs have to face before they make their debut in films! What are your thoughts on this, BollywoodLifers? Disgusted, just like us? Tell us your thoughts in the comments section below! And do stay tuned to this space for more hot gossips!

No comments:

Post a Comment